One of my favorite recipes is for a delicious breakfast casserole: Country Brunch. If you are having company for breakfast, it is great to serve because it is a make-the-evening-before dish. We also enjoy having it for dinner. Last week I made it as part of a meal for a friend who had been in the hospital. I also made the same for dinner for our family! It is so good!
The menu for the meal for my friend was:
Spinach Salad with Mozzarella, Pine Nuts and Tomatoes
Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette
Cinnamon Raisin Bagels with Cream Cheese
And here is the recipe:
1 pound sausage
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
6 slices bread, cubed
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Brown sausage. Drain and cool.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard.
3. Fold in bread, sausage and cheese.
4. Pour the batter in a 9 x 13 greased baking pan.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
6. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
I snapped a picture of the baskets in the car as I was delivering the meal and can't find the pictures I have of the casserole! It is in the picnic basket pictured - lol!