Jun 13, 2016

Country Brunch



One of my favorite recipes is for a delicious breakfast casserole: Country Brunch.  If you are having company for breakfast, it is great to serve because it is a make-the-evening-before dish.  We also enjoy having it for dinner.  Last week I made it as part of a meal for a friend who had been in the hospital.  I also made the same for dinner for our family! It is so good!  

The menu for the meal for my friend was:

Country Brunch
Spinach Salad with Mozzarella, Pine Nuts and Tomatoes
Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette
Cinnamon Raisin Bagels with Cream Cheese
Fresh Strawberries
Vanilla Yogurt
Apple Juice

And here is the recipe:

Country Brunch

1 pound sausage
6-9 eggs
cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
6 slices bread, cubed
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated

 
1.  Brown sausage.  Drain and cool.

2.  In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard.

3.  Fold in bread, sausage and cheese.

4.  Pour the batter in a 9 x 13 greased baking pan.

5.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.

6.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
 

I snapped a picture of the baskets in the car as I was delivering the meal and can't find the pictures I have of the casserole!  It is in the picnic basket pictured - lol!

Enjoy!


0 comments