Jun 27, 2016

Betty Crocker's Classic Beef Stroganoff Recipe


Betty Crocker offers a quick and delicious recipe for Beef Stroganoff. This is another recipe from Audra and Matthew.  I am sharing my version of the recipe I make for our family.  You may notice that I did not add flour to our recipe:


Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef

8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced

2 medium onions, thinly sliced

1/4 cup butter

1 1/2 cups beef flavored broth

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1 1/2 cups sour cream


Directions:

Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter in skillet over medium heat, until onions are tender; remove from skillet.

Cook beef in same skillet until brown. Stir in 1 cup broth, salt and Worcestershire and heat to boiling; reduce heat.  Cover and simmer 15 minutes.

Stir remaining 1/2 cup broth into beef mixture. Add onion mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.  Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil).

The recipe calls for serving over noodles; but I served over riced cauliflower.

To rice cauliflower:

Trim all the green off a head and slice it and put in the blender until it looks like rice. Sautee in 1 Tablespoon olive oil on medium heat for 10 minutes so it steams and gets soft.

Delicious!
Classic Beef Stroganoff

Riced Cauliflower

1 comments

heather marshall said...

This sounds delish! I wish my menfolk liked beef stroganoff! Maybe I'll invite some girlfriends for a comfort food girl's night in! And I've never heard of riced cauliflower-- but it sounds like a great healthy alternative! Happy to be your neighbor today over at #sittingamongfriends!