Sep 26, 2013

TRUE - Five Minute Friday

Many pairs of shoes inside the front door make my heart happy. Some slid neatly off and paired together, some thrown off and in various locations in the front room; but it doesn't matter - just seeing them makes me smile.

True.

I've been away from the keyboard and blogging for almost two years.  Away so long that I couldn't even remember my sign in.  I've slid back in by joining the FMF party; but no explanation giving for my absence.  Not that you need one; but True needs one.  Does your life every get so overwhelmingly painful that you pull away from activities that you love? I did.

True.

The last two years have not been what I thought they would be.  Tears. Sorrow. Sadness.  Not many pairs of shoes inside the front door.  As sadness and sorrow swelled like the waves, I pulled away, you could say, I caved.

True.

Life seemed to turn upside down a couple years ago and I reeled from feeling tossed by the seas.  You know, I had my picture-perfect life all planned out.  But God had His plan.

True.

And His way and will prevail,
Even when I felt as if I had no wind in my sail.
Tired, worn, lonely and frail
His way, His will prevail.

True.

4 comments

Mel Schroeder said...

First of all, I'm so glad you wrote tonight. :) I'm sorry for the hurt your heart has felt over the last years...I'm praying for God's peace and comfort for you, sweet sister. Thank you for being here. Wishing you a wonderful Friday! :)

Debi @ DebiStangeland.com said...

I'm so glad too! I'm so sorry for your hurts but thankful you have returned. Welcome back! You wrote beautifully for this prompt. I hope you come back again and again.

Mrsteeh said...

I love seeing that pile of shoes as well... I pray for your comfort and strength for whatever drew you away a continued peace to continue to draw you back. I enjoyed your post and would love to see more.

Yolanda said...

Beautiful just like you!

True